Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Here are the top 10 indoor plants:
1. Have you ever been on TV?
Am not exactly sure...maybe yes or maybe not...don't recall.
2. Have you ever sung in public?
Yep! During my high school and college days...am not good singer to tell you the truth...hehhe!
3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond?
Never...and never will! Even if I dye my hair brown or any kind of color..it wont work...I don't know why...:)
4. Have you ever eaten frogs' legs?
Never....I saw that in Chinese resto but never attempt to eat it...they said.."it taste like chicken"...hhmmm...ribbet ribbet! hehehe
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated?
I guess I had...hmmm..hehehe!
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post?
Not yet! I hope not to lol..
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people?
Actually I did with my hubby's help. It was during Akesha's 1st birthday party...it was exhausting but we had fun!
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others?
Stumbled but not fallen...hehheh! it happens all the time...:)
9. Have you ever done volunteer work?
Yep! Many many times...I started when I was in high school..then college...some concerts...hubby's air force base....and hubby's company. Honestly, when I became a nurse someday I really would like to travel to any 3rd world country and work as a volunteer...of course my family needs to go with me...hhehee!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Here is the continuation of my post about myths and facts about organizing your closet.
"I must have too many clothes and not enough closet space because I waste time every day trying to find what I'm looking for. I spend far too much money on my wardrobe and my dry-cleaning bill is exorbitant, but every day I have to iron my outfit because it's so wrinkled when I take it out of the closet. I just don't have the time to do anything about it."
Organizing arranges clothing evenly along the clothes rod, eliminating the crowded, crammed conditions that cause wrinkles. Organizing positions clothes and accessories for instant visibility and accessibility.
Once you can see the clothes you own, future purchases will probably be more effective. You're more likely to buy a piece that blends with your existing wardrobe rather than buying a whole new outfit. That bargain buy won't seem like a bargain when you realize you already own three similar articles. Organizing shows the same old clothes in a new light, increasing versatility and wearability It also saves time. There will be no more needless trips to the cleaners and the ironing board, no more standing in front of the closet trying to remember what was supposed to go to the cleaners, no more relentless searching of the closet and the dresser drawer for the desired item.
"It's easier to buy another one of what I need than to spend half the day searching for the one that is out in the garage somewhere."
Repeatedly purchasing the same items and products is a common occurrence when you're disorganized. It is an admission of defeat, since you've allowed the clutter to control you rather than taking control of the clutter. Repeated purchases also perpetuate the original problem of too much clutter.
Organizing systematically and methodically assigns a specific place for everything. You then know exactly and precisely where everything is: It will be easy to find a given item, and you'll put it away in the same place.
I would like to thank Misty and John for this "Friends Forever Treasured Award". I thank them for their friendship that I thought I will not find her in the blogosphere. I am looking forward to meet them in person in the near future. May God bless your family.
I am going to pass this award to all my friends here in the blogosphere. I will not going to add any names from this award because I might miss your name...hehhe.. You all deserve to grab this award..come and grab this folks!
The significance of the prize:
"With the Premio Dardos is to recognize the values that each blogger uses to transmit cultural values, ethical, literary, personal, etc.. that, in short, demonstrate their creativity through the thought that is alive and remains intact from their letters, between his words. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for a job that adds value to the Web. "
The rules for receiving the prize are:
1) View the image of the stamp;
2) Link the blog for which you received the alert;
3) Choose 12 other blogs to those who deliver the Premio Dardos.
4) And tell everyone, of course!
Now, it is my turn to pass this award to Rose, TCecile, Umma, Madz,Hazel, Donabel, Amy, Chie, Cacai, Niko, Cookie, Bogie, G-Anne, Greggy, Aniev, TBeth, TBeng, Tjacky, Amor, Maxi, and YOU!
I am going to share to you guys the myths and facts about organizing your closet. Set back and relax....ehhehe!
Myth: "I need more rooms, more closets, and more storage space before I can get organized."
Fact: By organizing the space you have, you gain the extra room, closet, or storage area you're seeking.
Analysis: If you don't learn how to store your belongings and possessions wisely and conscientiously you'll soon outgrow a house even the size of Buckingham Palace. It isn't the amount of space you have, but how you use it that counts. Although some homes can't supply even a meager place to begin the organizing process, you can still create your own storage area from scratch.
Myth: "I just did my spring-cleaning so I'm in good shape for another year or until it's so messy again I can't stand it."
Fact: Organizing is not synonymous with spring-cleaning or with periodic endeavors to straighten up.
Analysis: Proper organizing is a one-time project. With careful planning, you'll never restack, refold, or rearrange again. Good organizing creates a maintenance-free system that uses your daily routines to keep it in the same pristine condition as the day you finished organizing it. A beneficial by-product of organizing is that it counteracts and controls the bad habits that contributed to the clutter you now face.
Myth: "I just paid a small fortune to have my closet organized, so why is it a mess again?"
Fact: The closet wasn't "organized," it was remodeled. New shelves and closet rods can fall victim to the same disorder and disarray as readily as the old ones.
Analysis: Once the installation was complete, probably no one explained how to place your garments and accessories in the newly modeled closet. If you did the remodeling yourself, new hardware won't change the difficulties you've been facing with clutter. Learning the principles of organizing will lay the groundwork for using your newly modeled closet to meet your needs.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Chinese New Year or Spring Festival is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. It is often called the Lunar New Year, especially by people in mainland China and Taiwan. The festival traditionally begins on the first day of the first lunar month (Chinese: 正月; pinyin: zhēng yuè) in the Chinese calendar and ends on the 15th; this day is called Lantern Festival. Chinese New Year's Eve is known as Chúxī. It literally means "Year-pass Eve".
6. Listening Well
Sunday, January 25, 2009
In no particular order, here are things that many wives want from their husbands. Note that these are "wants" not emotional needs. As individuals, we are each responsible for filling our own emotional needs.
We believe that the four basic emotional needs are the need to be loved and to love; the need to belong; the need for a good self-image; and the need for autonomy.
1. Telling Her Daily That She is Loved
Everyone wants to be affirmed. Everyone wants to know they are loved. The best ways to say "I love you" are usually in simple, everyday, seemingly unimportant ways like an unexpected hug or holding hands when you walk together.
2. Understanding and Forgiveness
There will be days when your wife will make mistakes or when she will be difficult to be around. No one is perfect. She both wants and deserves your willingness to understand and forgive her. Remember that no relationship can be sustained without forgiveness.
Don't let your conversations with your wife dwindle to nothing but talk about your kids, your jobs, and the weather. If that happens, your marriage relationship could be in real trouble.
4. Willingness to Make Time for Her and Your Children
Having quality time with your wife and kids isn't something that just happens. You have to make it happen by not only making the plans but by following through. Time with those you love has to be a high priority for you.
5. Saying "Yes" More Than Saying "No"
Habitual negative responses to your wife and kids can push them away from you. Think twice before saying "no" and you will be surprised at how saying "yes" can improve your relationships.
Valentines Day is fast approaching. Do you have any plans during Valentines Day? Are you going to bring your spouse or your girlfriend to a romantic dinner? If you are planning on going on a Valentines Day vacation, why not consider going to Branson, Missouri? Have you ever been to this place? Branson Missouri is a great place to visit because they have so many great attractions. They have great Amusement Parks such as White Water, Celebration City and Silver Dollar City. They also have some great hotels that you could stay at. Aside from that, Branson is known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". I am sure you would enjoy celebrating your Valentines Day at Branson. If you are looking for a place to stay, you don't need to worry because The Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing is the place that you would love to stay at. The Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing and the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel are offering an exclusive Valentine’s Package available throughout the month of February. The Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel Package offers a deluxe accommodations, a $50 food and beverage credit redeemable at any of the hotel’s food and beverage outlets, admission to the Titanic Museum Attraction, vow renewals at the base of the Grand Staircase, a box of chocolates and a Heart of the Ocean replica necklace when you book this package. So what are you waiting for? You should visit them today for details.
Driving without license is not advisable...Akesha has broken the law when she was 8 months old. hehheh...:) just kidding!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2. The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3. Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or older Post to support.
4. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5. The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
Now I am going to pass this award to Ria, Rose, Madz, Umma, Amy, Haz,el, Donabel, Chie, kittykat, Benchiegrace, Grace Draper, Anygen, Arniev, and YOU!
Two years later....this is her now! She can't even fit on the bouncer...:) When my brother-in-law returned this bouncer to us, Akesha was excited to see it. She climbed over and try to sat on it. And she did! She even tried the vibrator. That was hilarious! I can't believe she grow up that quickly.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This tag is about the things I love about my husband. Anyhow, here's my piece.
Hubby and I may not be the best couple in the world....we may have our moments in our marriage, but in the end we know that we love each other.
Anyhow, here are some great points that my hubby have.
- Hubby is my first real boyfriend...that is why I'm so in love with him....hehhehe!
- I am very glad to have him in my life because he can handle my insanity when I get mad.
- I love the fact that he is very responsible and for taking care of me and Akesha.
- He is a great father and a very hands-on dad.
- I am glad because he helps me with house chores.
- He makes me smile all the time with his nonsense jokes.
- I am thankful because he give me flowers or plants every month.
- He is very understanding and supportive
-He always say "SORRY" even if it is my fault
-He always comfort me in times of sadness
-Even if he wants to do things on his way... the only choice he have is to follow my way
- I am glad that he's not an abusive husband that beats a wife...actually I am the one that beats him.
- He always find way to make up when we have fights.
- I love him because no matter what I do he is always there for me.
I love you HON! Thanks for everything...:)
Traveling involves a lot of money. Most of the time during your travel you spend your money on accommodation, right? If you are wise enough you will find way to search an affordable place to stay. Do you know that VRBO Vacation Rentals has over 100,000 vacation rental listings around the world? You heard me right! They are in the business for more than a decade of experience helping travelers find the perfect vacation home for their trips. If you happen to visit Scottsdale, Arizona you should check out Scottsdale Lodging for a very affordable place to stay. So what are you waiting for? Visit them today details.
The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.Your mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open..
The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge.
If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important
The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what you might have been.
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
Friends are like balloons; once you let them go, you might not get them back. Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives and problems that we may not even notice that we've let them fly away. Sometimes we are so caught up in who's right and who's wrong that we forget what's right and wrong. Sometimes we just don't realize what real friendship means until it is too late. I don't want to let that happen so I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.
As a parent I have discovered that my daughter Akesha started playing "PRETEND" when she was 18 months. Hubby and I were laughing when we first saw her holding the phone on her ear and pretending that she was talking to somebody. From then on she is able to call hubby from work for many times, and hubby thought that I called him but it wasn't me...it was Akesha. I am glad that she did not dial 911. It was fun seeing her growing up each day. Now that she's almost 3 years old, she does a lot of "PRETEND" games that crack us up most of the time.
There are several reasons behind the dandruff. These are:
• Poor diet
• Excessive tension and stress
• Infected scalp
• Hormonal imbalances
• Dry weather
• Too much use of different hair cosmetics without proper guidance of a skin specialist or a beautician
It has been found that adults and adolescents are affected by dandruff more than children. This is due to the disturbance of androgen hormone and daily tension.
How to get rid of them? Here's how:
If you are suffering from oily flakes, rinse your hair with vinegar. For this, you have to follow some easy steps:
• Fill a mug with fresh water
• Mix two tablespoons of malt Vinegar in it
• Use shampoo in your hair that is prescribed by a skin specialist
• Rinse your hair with Vinegar mixed water
• Dry your hair with a clean towel
On the other hand, if you are suffering from dry and white flakes, use oil massage. Following are the steps to take oil massage:
• Make a mixture of hot Castor oil (1 teaspoon), Coconut oil (1 teaspoon) and Mole oil (1 teaspoon)
• Massage gently with the mixture on your scalp
• Keep the hair for about 30 minutes
• Wash your hair with a prescribed shampoo
• Dry your hair with a clean towel
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Anyhow, here are The rules
1. Make a list of what you want on your birthday...
2. The list should be 15 numbers
3. Post the image of this award in your posting
4. Give it to 10 friends of yours.
HERE ARE MY Wishes FOR MY BIRTHDAY: My birthday falls on the 20th of August.
1.I wish that God will grant all the wishes I have in mind
2. I wish to have another baby..a baby boy
3. I wish that God will always guide and bless my family
4. I wish to get my Nursing degree soon
5. I wish my family in the Philippines are in good health
6. I wish to sleep early and wake up early...hehheh...I am addicted to blogging...:)
7. I wish that our plans on going to visit the PI will not change
8. I wish to meet all my close friends here in the blogosphere...just to make sure if they exist..just kidding!
9. I wish to have our backyard landscape...hhehehe...need some improvements to do.
10. I wish to get more opportunity from paid sites...hhehhe!..need to make extra money while I am at home
11. I wish to gain more friends here in the blogosphere...what I mean is real friends.
12. I wish to work on my behavior towards my hubby...I can be nasty sometimes....hehheh!
13. I wish to go to Europe
14. I wish that we will be able to survive the crisis
15. I wish to have a new car.
Thanks goodness...I was exhausted! hehheh....that was overwhelming! Thanks a lot dangz Madz!
Now it is my turn to pass this to my friends. I will not include those people who have been tag from Madz.
I am tagging : Ria,TMel, Grace, Joanna, Greggy, Kryk, Anne, AnnaRhea, TVhing, & TJacky.