Saturday, June 30, 2012
Friday, June 29, 2012
You should check out fireplacemantels123.com today for special sale items. Plus, they offer FREE shipping and NO sales tax through July 15th. So what are you waiting for?
Each tutoring program is personalized according to the needs and abilities of the student. They provide free academic assessment to each child and the results of this assessment will be used to help formulate a tutoring plan that will work best for that child. They have highly qualified tutors than can provide the assistance and guidance that their students need. They can provide one-on-one instruction in all major subject areas including English, math, science, and social studies. Younger students are provided with highly interactive method of tutoring to help them learn easily and make them interested and always motivated to study their lessons. Tutoring programs are offered in flexible and affordable terms.
So what are you waiting for? Why not let SchoolTutoring Academy help your child open a new chapter in their learning journey, one which provides them with the confidence and desire to succeed in their academic studies. They make it easy to enroll your child in a full-service tutoring program. Above all, they make it at a very affordable plan for only $179.99/month.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Property Type: Condo
Address: 5305 Manzanita Ave. #1
Neighborhood: Madison Ave
Rental Price: $750
Garage Size: 1
Start Showing: 05/21/2012
Section 8: Yes
Approx. Square Feet: 843
Central Heat & Air
Washer/Dryer Hook Ups
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
One of the things that students find frustrating is the fact that they cannot keep up with their lessons because of the amount of school work that they have to deal with everyday. With pages upon pages of books to read, book reports to finish, school projects to make and different information to memorize, students may be too tired to participate in other activities at school.
Parents should be able to determine whether their children need help with their studies. There are children who may already of showing signs of stress with their studies which is why it is up to the parents to recognize the signs and do something to help their children. One practical approach that parents can make is to get tutors for their children. Tutoring will provide the students with the assistance they need in subjects that they are difficulty with. At www.Schooltutoring.com, students will be provided with the personalized tutoring plan that each of them needs. A competent tutor will be assigned to each student and parents will also be provided with progress reports so that they can see if their children are really able to benefit from the tutoring program. They also provide flexible scheduling so that the students will receive tutoring on times that are most convenient to them. If you want to find out more about their tutoring program, you can click here to find out more.
Friday, June 22, 2012
The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a Texas-based diversified financial services group of companies and a Fortune 500 financial services company offering banking, investing, and insurance to people and families that serve, or served, in the United States military.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- “Smoking” is back
- Fresh is first
- Legendary is king
To have you feeling fresh, you can choose from Cajun Shrimp & Poached Pear Salad, Goat Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwich, and Shock Top Battered Fish & Chips. Oh, boy! I’m totally drooling right now.
Cajun Shrimp & Poached Pear Salad
Goat Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwich
Shock Top Battered Fish & Chips
If you want to try something a little bit smokey, you can choose from Shang Hi Smokehouse Sandwich, South Carolina Smokehouse Sandwich, The Texan Smokehouse Sandwich, and Smokehouse Chop Salad.
Shang Hi Smokehouse Sandwich
For more details:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The promotional cards and information have been provided courtesy of Hard Rock International through MyBlogSpark.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Check out their Frequently Asked Questions for Parents below:
• #1 Register early to take full advantage of all early-bird discounts!
• #2 ASK if they have scholarships, financial aid or a sliding scale.
• #3 Offer to volunteer at camp for a reduced or free camper registration.
• #4 Ask friends of your child(ren) to register together for a group discount.
How can parents prepare their children for attending their first summer camp?
• Day camps are more fun when children know at least one other camper who will be attending. Don't assume that they will be in the same group, let the camp director know your preferences when you initially register your child.
• Take a tour of the facility. Let them view their website ahead of time. The more familiar they are with the environment, the less overwhelming they will feel.
• For residential camps, make sure that this isn’t the first time your child will be sleeping away from home. Let them practice overcoming their separation anxiety with a couple of sleep-overs with friends or family before going to a residential camp.
How do parents find if a summer camp has had any complaints filed against them?
• Look up the camp on the Better Business Bureau for any grievances. (BBB.org)
• Ask your friends through social media (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.) if they have had any positive or negative experiences with the camp. Your friends will tell you!
When should teens start sending in their resumes to camp directors for summer jobs?
• Many Camp Directors start receiving resumes in January and February. Don't wait. With the high levels of unemployment, there will be a tremendous competition for jobs. Send follow-up emails and make phone calls to show your interest.
• Camp Directors want fun camp counselors who campers will enjoy being around, while also respecting and obeying them. The more experience you have working with kids, the better. Volunteer with your local schools, YMCA, churches, scouts, and other civic organizations to build your experience levels.
What qualities should parents look for in a great summer camp?
• A high percentage of returning campers shows that the campers had fun last year.
• A low camper-to-counselor ratio. 10:1 is good. 5:1 is great!
• Staff trained in CPR, first aid skills, and conflict resolution techniques.
• Low staff-turnover shows good experience.
What different types of summer camps are there?
• Arts Camps
• Sports Camps
• Academic Camps
• Church Camps
• Residential Camps
• Specialty Camps
If my child takes medication during the school year, should he/she take it for summer camp?
• First, consult with your child's pediatrician before ever deciding to stop treating your child with any medication.
• Most children with allergy, asthma, diabetes, attention and impulsivity conditions are not "healed" during the summer months. Many times it can be worse with the heat, additional exercise, and being outside. Children with medical issues usually need special treatment to help them enjoy their summer camp experience the most.
• For children who take medication for their attention or impulsivity, it can be especially hard for them to listen to instructions, get along with peers, and control their impulses when they are not on medication.
How are campers disciplined? Are refunds given if my child has behavior problems?
• Ask the Camp Director for a copy of their discipline policy. If they don't have one, inquire how campers are disciplined for misbehaving, It can vary from Time Out to clean-up duty.
• Most camps do not give refunds for campers who violate camp rules and they are expelled, but ask the Camp Director ahead of time for clarity if this is a concern.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
This post brought to you by Western Union. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve been a Western Union customer since year 2004. I like using their services because it’s convenient, reliable, fast, and straightforward. You can send money and pay bills online, in person or by phone. Have you used them before?
Well, since Father’s day is just a few days away, I am reminded of what a special day it is! I’m so blessed to have such a great father in my life. He is a very hard working dad and someone I know who will always provide my needs. He knows how much I appreciate all his efforts. So this coming Father’s day, I’m thinking of giving him a Western Union gift card.
The Western Union Gift and Greeting Card is a meaningful way to show the special people in your life that you’re thinking of them. You can purchase cards with the click of a button at WUGift.com. Just choose from a variety of occasions including anniversaries, birthdays, congratulations, holidays, thank-you’s and more. Plus, you can write a personal message to appear on the inside of the greeting card. You can load any amount, from $5 to $100, with the click of a button. If you would like to get a discount, just use this promo code WUGIFTPROMO8 and get 25% off the $5 fee. This offer is valid until Septermber 1st, 2012.
The Western Union Gift and Greeting Card is easy to use. It’s easy to activate. Simply call 1-866-953-6489 to get started. The gift card is fee-friendly! There’s only a $2.50 inactivity fee after 12 more of inactivity. There are two convenient ways to track your balance:
- Online at www.WUGift.com
- Over the phone at 1-866-953-6489
So what are you waiting for? You should visit them today to get started!
For Legal requirements:
- The Western Union® gift card is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank; Member FDIC. A $2.50 per month servicing fee applies after 12 consecutive months of non-use
- Gift Card only for sale and shipment to the 48 contiguous states excluding AZ, PO Boxes, U.S. military bases and correctional facilities
- Limit one (1) coupon per transaction. No cash redemption value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Void where prohibited.
Disclaimer: This blog post is paid by Western Union.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
|Our current picture together, 2012|
This post brought to you by VISIT FLORIDA. All opinions are 100% mine.
We spent our summer getaway last year in Orlando, Florida. It was our first time to visit the Sunshine state. My family and I had so much fun during our vacation. It was one of the best trips we have so far. Florida is known as one of the best places to visit in the United States for some fun in the sun. What I love about Florida is the weather and the activities available during summer time. I wish to go back there someday.
Do you know that this summer, VISIT FLORIDA is giving away 12 amazing prizes? You heard it right! All you have to do is enter Florida’s Three for Free Giveaway today to get started. Consumers will select three different Florida vacation packages among twelve choices. One grand prize winner will be randomly selected and will win the three Florida vacation packages they selected. Nine additional winners will be randomly selected from the remaining nine vacation packages. This cool giveaway runs through June 30th, and participants may enter daily.
Prize packages include:
- Swimming with Manatees
- Plantation on Crystal River
- Tennis Lovers Gourmet Getaway
- Natural Florida
- Family Adventure
- Space Cowboy
- Trainer for a Day
- The Breakers Luxury Dream Vacation
- Ultimate Spa-cation
- Tee time for two
- Classic Family Beach Week
- Step into the Past
- Florida Keys Fishing
I already entered the Sweepstakes, and now it’s your turn to join at VISIT FLORIDA on Facebook! If given a chance, my 3 top choices would be: Swimming with the Manatees, Trainer for A Day, and the Family Adventure.
Swim with the Manatees sponsored by Plantation on Crystal River
Crystal River is one of the largest aquifers in Florida, home to more than 400 West Indian Manatees and the most popular place in North America where you can swim with manatees in their native habitat. This trip for four includes four nights at the Plantation on Crystal River with a guided manatee tour, lunch on your private pontoon boat and tickets to Homosassa Springs State Park.
Trainer for A Day sponsored by Miami Seaquarium
As Trainer for a Day, you and a guest can enjoy a totally hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience like no other, working side-by-side with the Marine Mammal Training Staff at Miami Seaquarium. You’ll also have the chance to get a dolphin ride across the pool! Then, unwind at the luxurious Sonesta Bayfront Hotel Coconut Grove overlooking Biscayne Bay and visit historic Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
Family Adventure sponsored by VisitCentralFlorida.org.
This trip for four includes two days at LEGOLAND and LEGOLAND Water Park, Florida’s newest family theme park with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Experience the new WingWalkAir at Fantasy of Flight, a 600-foot zip line and three-level ropes course complete with 33 midair challenges. Then, explore the secret gardens at Bok Tower Gardens, a national historic landmark. Relax after your many adventures with four nights at the Holiday Inn Winter Haven.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Aside from a roasted pig, a close guy friend of mine catered these foods (some dishes are not in the picture). Thanks Goy for the yummy foods you cooked!
Blog Photo Challenge