Music can truly make life more enjoyable. Whether one is a musical genius or has only a passing knowledge of the newest pop tunes, music can do much for the individual. There are several reasons as to why any person’s brain, from young to old, so enjoys music. In addition, there are numerous times perfect for listening to a new or old tune. Perhaps some of these ideas will spark a new idea in the reader’s mind that will have him listening to music in a different way.
Why Is Music Enjoyable?
- Music is enjoyable because it can remind someone of pleasant or memorable times in his past. Music is often linked to holidays spent with families such as Christmas or Thanksgiving. When these songs come on the radio or are played over a home sound system, they fuel the same feelings that the individual once had.
- Music helps one get lost in another time or place. Listening to music is a wonderful way to forget something stressful or sad that is going on and to focus one’s attention on something completely different.
- The lyrics to music often exemplify, occasionally even in minute detail, what one is going through in his life. Lyrics often tell stories about romance, love, friendship, family, a lost love and more. Many people find that they can empathize exactly with the songwriter.
- Music transcends cultures, time periods and even languages. It is the language of the world. Even songs written in a different language can still be meaningful by the soulfulness of the singer or the plaintiveness of the sound. This is why music without lyrics, such as classical music or piano playing, can remain meaningful. It does not take lyrics to paint a picture of something in one’s mind.
- The rhythm and cadence of music is wonderful for the brain. It can cause numerous thought processes, catch the listener up in the moment and create a lasting memory. Music is truly an amazing gift, enjoyed since antiquity.
When Is Music Enjoyable?
- Music is perfect when exercising. First, it takes the individual’s mind off what he is doing, thereby making time escape him more rapidly. This is particularly important for someone who does not enjoy exercising. Second, the rhythm of the music can create an exercising rhythm. Many walkers and runners will find music with just the right rhythm for their pace. They will search for the number of beats per minute that are in a song and will match that number to how many steps they take per minute.
- Music is great when doing housework. Once again, music will make time go by much faster than it would in a quiet house and will take the individual’s mind away from his unpleasant task. Washing windows and scrubbing floors is much more enjoyable when one is singing out his favorite lyrics.
- Music makes driving more enjoyable. It wiles away many miles and can keep the driver awake when he becomes drowsy. For parents driving with children, various forms of children’s music will help engage the child during active times or lull the child to sleep at nap times.
- Of course, a party is incomplete without music. Music can set the tone for an evening, whether it is a Christmas party, a retro party or a dance party. With the millions of songs marketed today, there is something for everyone. The right music can loosen conversation, bring people to the dance floor or create a relaxed ambiance.
-Finally, certain types of music aid in utter relaxation. Music can set the mood for a bubble bath, a romantic evening, a quiet night of reading or a day at the beach. Certain sounds can quiet the mind and bring restfulness to one’s inner being. Music has been used as a relaxing agent for millennia.
Music in various forms has existed since antiquity. While today’s music is much different from that of previous generations, from the types of instruments used to the lyrics that are sung, it is still being used in much the same way. Music is a celebration of life, an empathizing force and a means of relaxation.
Katelyn is a social media enthusiast; helping users get free mp3 music downloads from BearShare, the number 1 music file sharer!