Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hal The Hero

Big shout out to Tony Gonzales for the guest post
My buddy Hal is my hero! While he's not a hero in the way that a police officer or firefighter might be, he's a hero for saving my sanity. Let me explain.
The company that I was working for ended up downsizing because of the recession. Unfortunately, my job was one of several that ended up being lost due to the economy. While it was initially a shock to my system, it became obvious to me that I wasn't alone. All across the country, businesses were closing their pocketbooks and laying off significant portions of their workforce.
Call me vain or question my priorities all you want, but the thing I was most upset about when I lost my job was that seeing the Mets play at Citi Field wasn't going to happen that much. We finally had a new ballpark and I wasn't going to be able to enjoy it!
Like I mentioned before, my buddy Hal is a lifesaver! Little did I know that his family got satellite tv New York, so we could watch the Mets every day during the season! Not only that, but our "seats" would be much better than the ones we would barely be able to afford at Citi Field.
Thanks to Hal, my situation went from a negative to a positive in a hurry. Therefore, Hal is my hero!

No comments :