Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cinnamon French Toast

The first meal of the day is often called the most important. Well how about french toast for breakfast? I actually don't like french toast, but hubby loves it. I make him french toast for breakfast during the weekend while I have my rice, sausage and eggs. How about you? Do you like french toast? I have a simple recipe for you.
  • 8 slices Nature's Pride Hearty Multi-Grain bread
  • ¼ cup fat-free skim milk
  • ¼ cup fat-free egg substitute
  • 1 teaspoon canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Fresh fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries or sliced peaches
Combine milk, egg substitute, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and blend well. Arrange bread, in a single layer in egg mixture. Turn the pieces over to coat bread evenly in milk mixture. Spray a griddle or large skillet with non-stick spray. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat until hot. Using a spatula, lift bread from milk mixture and place on hot griddle. (Work in batches, if necessary.) Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Serve warm, topped with fresh fruit.

5 comments :

shimumsy said...

hay, favorite ko ito dhemz. puede kong gawin to for weekend breakfast. pag weekdays kc no time to cook anymore.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Its always hubby make our french toast tsang, yeah I agree breakfast is the most importan meal of the day, but sometimes we don't have the apetite to eat breakfast, memorize until brunch hehehehehe.
I don't eat breakfast bisag ako na unta i practice to eat breakfast ky lagi juntis, pero ang katapulan mobangon ug sayo mao sd problemo hehehe.
Brunch nlng, tingub, usahay mo abot pa paniudto akong kaon ky mamahaw ug blogging, asa ka ana mangakong waaaaa.
Ikaw tsang tig kaonan ka ug breakfast, i think i heard from you before that you and akesha dili kaon pamahaw haaaaay daghan na ta inahan.
Nya unsa mn paniudto ninyo dha ron? hala tsang adto sko bisita uban ka tribu nga nag nap sa kaudtohon hehehehe. ciao!

Arlyna said...

I love french toast but I hate eating breakfast unless I'm on my vacation in the Philippines. I love breakfast there. But I can eat french toast anytime of the day. Thanks for the recipe :)

john said...

I love making french toast on weekend..

Clarissa said...

My husband loves french toast minus the cinnamon^_^