Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sleep Over!

My father-in-law is 87 years old. He's a devoted Catholic for decades. He is a widow for about 3 years now. He is capable of driving. Yes! You heard me alright. I too can't believe that he's still driving at his age. He's been nice to me ever since I got here in America. Before (2 years ago) when I was home alone he will pick me and we will go to church, we eat lunch, and he will drive me home.
Last weekend we picked him up at my sister-in-law's house because he was by himself. My sister-in-law went to camping for 3 days. We don't want him left alone in the house. So, we went out to eat for dinner and head home.
He stayed for 2 nights in our house. We had fun hanging out with him. We actually went to my church (catholic church) and then we sent him home. It was great to have him in our house. I don't mine taking care of him, and it doesn't bother me at all.







4 comments :

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, your post made me miss my dad in law a lot.. He will be 86 this month and he also still drives. My daughter was crying just this morning because she was missing her Pap hehehe, we felt so bad!

BTW feel free to leave comments on my posts if u have time..

Ask ko nga pala on how to submit a post in social spark coz i tried so many times but they dont wanna accept it... I did what they asked me to and complied with the reqs of the post but still... getting frustrated actually hehehe..

Ranjith said...

saw ur photos right away...
so Lovely,,
and thank u so much for adding me into ur page..

i am still awaited for my first post in social spark, dono why they dint accept yet and no intimation too...what shld i do..can u jus help me out with that..?

Melissa said...

People here in America even they are too old they can still drive. I saw a very old black woman last saturday she looks so weak she even put a scotch tape on her both eyes to keep it open but she can still drive.

Reanaclaire said...

hi, nice family pics u have there... do treasure those who love u and keep the good memories always...
take care and God bless

www.clairereana.blogspot.com