Thursday, November 14, 2013

Be Carton Smart this Holiday Season!

This post brought to you by Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.

Can you imagine it's gonna be 2014 in two months? Oh, how time flies by super quick! With the busy holiday season is nearly here, many people are already shopping for Christmas presents and not to mention busy preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. I haven't started shopping for Christmas presents yet but I already made a list of dishes that I'm planning to make for Thanksgiving dinner.
My family and I will celebrate Thanksgiving this year at my brother-in-law's house. It's going to be a big celebration because some of my in-laws from California are coming down to Texas. I can't wait to cook for them! I'll be making some Cranberry Pecan Crunch Squares and Pumpkin Pie using the kit that I received from Pacific Foods. How about you?
 photo 1898ca76-3272-4baf-a8df-07abf60e15e3_zps1bf425e9.jpg
Did you realize how many amazing food products for your holiday meals you can get in a carton? Imagine if everyone made one small, smart decision a day. How much would it help our planet and our own personal worlds? As an individual, it feels small, but as a collective, the small, smart decisions add up. Tetra Pak applauds the thousands of small acts of smartness that add up to make a big difference. 
This holiday season, Tetra Pak wants to inspire people to make small, smart decisions when cooking for their families and stocking their pantries. This starter kit from the Pacific Foods kit are: 
• Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree 
• Pacific Foods Organic Jellied Cranberry Sauce 
• Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Simply Stock
 photo 795e421d-1ec8-414e-b1b8-dde8f5f23ded_zps62983f0a.jpg  photo d1d52bb8-c150-4f19-9a7c-b8c9ab3c8df3_zpsac6b75dd.jpg  photo 62adf36b-e1dc-4d93-98c1-aa80d97a468d_zps600d562e.jpg
Why Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart: 
• Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council) 
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans or even an egg! 
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open.  
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.
• Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans 
What I like using about Tetra Pack is that I can keep my pantry neat and clean, they're stackable and space saver for sure! I don't need can openers because these cartons are re-closable. I can use what I need and save the rest for later. How awesome is that?
Tweet @CartonSmart if you can Become Carton Smart this holiday season! From small, smart recipes that use ingredients in cartons or "smart" entertaining tips that produce great tasting food with little waste! For more details, you can visit pacificfood.com or becartonsmart.com for inspiration and find more carton products. You might want to follow them on Facebook, Twitter or Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest.

No comments :