Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beef Soup


Every time we go to the Filipino store I always get ingredients for beef soup. Since I moved here in the US from the Philippines, soup is not really serve during the meals. I mean in the Philippines there's always soup serve during the meal, usually when it is lunch time or dinner time. So what I do is I cook a beef soup once a month. I thought that it is weird...hheeh...:) So here's what we had for dinner.

Here is the Recipe!


1 kilo beef
8 potatoes
1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
1 small cabbage
5 onions, diced
1 head garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
3 tablespoons of oil
1 liter of water

Beef Stew Cooking Instructions:
In a big casserole, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onions. Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour or until the beef is tender. Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked. Add the cabbage then the pechay. Do not over cook the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.Serve steaming hot in a bowl and plain white rice.

4 comments :

Madz said...

Dangs, lamia ana uy!! Magluto ko ana this weekend bi... pero ako bana dili man mokaon ana uy...

pero try lng nako, thanks for sharing this..

God bless, mwah mwah mwah

Umma said...

My goodness sistah.. I love your post for this, Im going to grab this one so I can try...

Miss ko na jud ang pinoy na sabaw huhuhu

Cecile said...

wow, kakagutom naman nilaga mo lalo na at beef ang nilagay mo instead of pork :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! My mouth turned watery! I think I really have to run to the market for this. How I love this dish. Dhemz! Hmmn..