Of course, a winter wedding is all about the bride and groom – you certainly don’t want to overshadow them on their big day! If you have an idea of the colour scheme that they’re using, make sure that your outfit steers clear so that you don’t look like you’re part of the bridal party. Treat yourself to a new outfit for the occasion and feel fantastic wearing it. Here are some top outfit ideas that are not only bang on trend but affordable too, especially if you purchase them from an inexpensive outlet such as George at ASDA.
- Be inspired by the changing colours of the seasons and opt for a pretty evening dress from George’s evening dress selection that complements the colours of nature beautifully. The Jacquard Prom Dress for £25 is available to pre-order, while the Floral Mix Dress for £18 offers elegance and style and is available now.
- Choose a stylish black dress that would look perfect during the ceremony as well as the reception to celebrate the marriage of the bride and groom. Team it with a bright and vibrant pair of killer heels and co-ordinate them with a matching clutch bag. If it’s a little chilly and you feel you need some sort of cover up, a pashmina that complements your outfit will help to keep your shoulders warm during any outdoor photo opportunities.
- Lace is still a huge part of the autumn and winter season styles. With a timeless look, it would be a dress that you could wear again and again. Choose a shift dress in deep red to maintain elegance and sophistication. Wear opaque tights with the dress if you feel you need a little warmth on a cold day, and opt for a dress with a slight sleeve so that your arms aren’t completely bare.
- Faux fur boleros are a stunning addition to most wedding outfits that will be perfect for any winter celebration. Add one in a contrasting or complementary colour if you feel your outfit needs something to make it pop.
- If you want to wear something that will keep you warm during any outdoor aspects of the ceremony, opt for a longline blazer with satin detail which will mean that, although you’re covered up, you’re still looking glam.
- Steer clear of a dress altogether by opting for some smart trousers with a jacquard tunic top. Opt for a darker colour top to suit white smart trousers or an A line skirt to look simply fabulous for both the day and evening revelries.
Remember that you won’t have to spend much time outside so make sure that what you choose will be suitable indoors, too. Winter weddings can be fabulous – dress the part and feel fantastic doing so!