Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review | Children's Drawing DVD


I'm pretty sure some people like to draw, but it's not my cup of tea. Growing up, I'm more interested in arts and crafts. However, I do value and appreciate art very much. 
Now that I have a kid of my own, I really want my daughter to learn how to draw. I'm aware that art is an important component of children's learning. That's why I encourage my daughter to draw at a young age, and bought all the necessary tools for her to use. The only problem is that both hubby and I don't know how to draw. We can draw some basic figures but it's not good as you can imagine. I'm glad Steps4Kids sent me a new drawing DVD for FREE!  What a great solution. It's just what my daughter needed.
My 6 year old tried the DVD right after we opened it. After a few minutes of watching the easy-to-follow auditory instruction, this is what she came up with. Pretty impressive and what a progress! She's been using the DVD every day, and it's now part of her summer study.
The Steps4Kids to Draw DVD provides approximately 90 minutes of drawing fun by showing how to draw items from four categories:
1. Animals (such as those found on a farm, in a house, in the water or at the zoo)
2. People (faces using different expressions such as happy, sad, mad, female, and male profiles, and basic clothing)
3. Shapes (basic shapes using color models to help with the drawing and recognition of a circle, square, triangle, rhombus/diamond, hearth, cube and star)
4. Things ( such as bike, car, flowers, house, trees and more!)
Each section (Animals, People, Shapes and Things) has "all play" features that enable viewers to play multiple demonstrations at once but also enables viewers to select each item individually to practice their favorite items!
Steps4Kids goal is not to replace imagination but to empower it. I highly recommend this DVD to everyone!

Available at Steps4kids.com for $24.99. You might also want to like them on Facebook. By the way, aside from this DVD, they also have Multiple Award Winning Printing, Cursive and Multiplication DVDs for home and school use!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :