Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sisterly Bonding at It's Finest

Guest post written by Urma Phillips


My sister and I don’t get to see each other often since we live far away from each other, so we like to talk on the phone whenever we can. We’re both at retirement age now, so even though it’s hard to break away from life and go see each other, we’re still able to talk fairly regularly.
Well, the other day she called me to tell me something cool: She’d just been to Miracle ear in Madison and had gotten herself a set of digital hearing aids. Well, I hadn’t heard much about hearing aids in Los Angeles CA, where I live, so I asked her more about them. She said she never knew just how badly she needed them until she got them.
I’d definitely noticed that my hearing had gradually declined over the years, so I was curious to see what they’d do for me. I called my best friend in Florida to ask her about Ft Myers hearing aids, to see if she had any tips. She told me I should get a hearing test, which I did. I ended up needing them, too—so I got the same set as my sister. Now we have another thing to bond about!

2 comments :

Sherry said...

I miss my sister she is nun now

Karen Chayne said...

cool! try ko i check ning mga hearing aids sis para sa akong daddy in law kay murag bungol 2x na.. hihihi!