Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Love The World Cup

This was written by guest blogger JD Knots

Watching the World Cup on my direct TV packages is an incredibly fun way to bond with my buddies. Right now, we are passionately rooting for the United States to win in its next game against Ghana. It is a thrilling activity to watch the World Cup on television!
I think one of the best parts of watching the World Cup is the anticipation involved in seeing how one's favorite team does. Every year, my friends and I pick the teams we want to win the World Cup. It is fun to see which teams advance and which teams end up not making it in the World Cup. Sometimes, we even create a game of it, so the person with the winning team wins a great prize. Last year, someone won a new computer for picking the right team. The year before, someone won an entire stereo system. As you can see, my friends and I take the World Cup so seriously that we pitch in and buy fabulous prizes for the people with winning teams.
Watching the United States play in the World Cup has been amazing this year. I never anticipated the United States would be so impressive in the matches it has won. I am just crossing my fingers that the United States continues to impress and wins all of its next matches!

No comments :