Friday, December 4, 2009

Got A Headache?

Do you sit at a computer for extended periods? Do you get migraine headaches, tension headaches or neck pain? Can computers be the cause of your headaches?

Without a doubt the computer has revolutionized our lives. The trouble is that we now seem to spend hours in front of it staring at the screen - and because we are concentrating on what we are doing, we stop paying attention to the little signals our body is sending us like aches in the neck, shoulders and back; dry eyes; difficulty in focusing on the screen properly and the beginnings of a headache.

When a headache occurs? I use my glasses! I don't really wear my glasses full time... I only use it when my headache kills me....lol! Pop a pill is not my option! How about you? You might also be interested in checking out wyoming registered agent.
Here are some helpful steps I found online:
1.Start by taking regular breaks. By regular I mean every 20-30 minutes.

2. You only have to stand up and look at something in the distance and this allows your eyes to re-focus and makes the eye muscles work.

3. While you are up, stretch out your neck, drop your shoulders back to their normal position, get a drink of water and just allow yourself 30 seconds or so away from that screen.

4. By the way, you might want to look at the position of the screen. It should be directly in front of you and your eyes should be level with the top edge of the monitor so that your head remains level at all times. Only your eyes should drop to look at the words on the screen.

5. Also, if you are able, make sure that you are not facing the window as this tends to make you squint at the screen.

6. Poor quality screens can cause you to stare at the screen more. If you can get yourself a flat-screen monitor your eyes will thank you.

7. When we are staring at a computer screen we don't blink as often as normal. Squeeze you eyes together for a few seconds to help to relax you poor eye muscles and ensures your eyeballs stay moist and free from irritation.

8. Make sure you have adequate lighting in your study / work area and eliminate computer screen glare.

9. You might want to think about consulting your optometrist for an an eye test.

15 comments :

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Especially bayot if we have bunch of opps we really never care of the back pain, neck pain, or even the boogers in our eyes hehehehe. mao na ingon tsang bahala gi muta muta basta nagbaha ang opps. Nice eye glasses bayot. thanks for the post

Lulu said...

bahala ang headache basta naa opp... mas magsakit ang ulo if wala opp lol

Unknown said...

nah! naa ka wa ma apil Dhemz...dili lang sakit sa ulo ang abuton kay sige lingkod atubangan sa pc..apila pod ang mga tudlo nga nag gahi na kay sige click click sa mouse...usahay suko pa ko kay wa na sad daw function ako mouse, pag ando diay ang cellphone nga tapad mao diay akong gisibog sibog..ahak jud ning addict oi...

nah di sad jud ko kakita kung walay eyeglasses..kani mang ganing captcha sa SS..hapit na jud ko ani mo request nga kanang ihatag sa akoa kana intawng mabasa nyahaha

oi sige na kay ingon na sad ko Lulu nga nag novena ko..hehehe

Mom said...

wow these are better tips, but still clicking man gihapon to get opps di ba? haha, that's what we really are na mga bloggers.
Anyway, I like this post. Thanks for visiting always.

Admin said...

i love tips no 7
nice one my friend

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Very practical suggestions to avoid getting a headache while using a computer. When my eyes get strained or my head aches, I rest for a while or sleep a little. I do not over strain my eyes or else I will have a king size headache. Thanks for the practical post. God bless you all always.

Jane said...

Hi dhemz, ty for the comments. Pag nsa elementary na sya... mag join sa sport. Para ma raise sya in sports. Its for kids to be active.

Rose Jane said...

nice post sis.. My husband also suffers headache for he spends more than 8 hours facing computer. I'm planning to bring him an optometrist so this will be corrected. Ingat sis!

shaine said...

I never use eyeglasses but since i have my laptop and live with it for almost 12 hours. pansin ko sumasakit na ulo ko at namumula na mata ko (of course) adik ba naman, so I consult to the nearest optometrist and she told me that I need an eyeglasses and also the lens protect my eyes sa sobrang titig sa computer screen.

kaya minsan kpg nakiwebcam ako, sasabihin ng anak ko kamukha ko na ang lola nila hahaha ok lang maganda naman ang lola nila.

shaine said...

Dili lang ulo og mata pati kasukasuhan og dulo sa daliri, hapit na mapudpod ang sa akoa.
Pati lubot kay nagflat na kakalingkod.

Glampinoy said...

I am wearing eyeglasses due to overexposure to computer screen. Thanks for the tips

Lina Gustina said...

Nice tips, I'll apply it, thanks!

ROAD Access said...

same here! I only use my eyeglasses whenever my head starts to hurt. But then I have to take meds if I want to really get rid of the pain

Ann said...

Very useful tips. I've been getting a lot of head aches while sitting in front of the computer. I need to remember your suggestions here and start taking breaks away from it.

eden said...

Great tips. mag eyeglass ko usahay pag naa sa computer. then I take regular breaks sad kay sakit man ang lubot ug nilingkod ug ang likod..hehehe