Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You Are The Sister I Never Had

This song lyrics is dedicated to all my sisters in heart. This is for you girls. Thanks a lot for the friendship.
http://parenting.leehansen.com/downloads/clipart/girlz/images/sisters.gif
I wanted a sister to call all my own
I didn’t get one, my childhood was lone.
I wanted a sister so we could share toys with glee
Alas, all my toys were only played with by me
I wanted a sister with whom to join Scouts
I wanted a sister to share giggly bouts!
I wanted a sister to wear my makeup and clothes
I wanted a sister to help dispel my woes
I wanted a sister to share my joy
Because I got my first date with my very first boy!
I wanted a sister to happily jump up and down
At my high school graduation seeing me in my cap and gown
I wanted a sister to write to from my college dorm room
My letters would be filled with homesick sighs and gloom
I wanted a sister to hear my gripes and vents
About my first boss that made absolutely NO sense!
I wanted a sister to see my shining ring
From the man in my life that made my heart sing
I never got a “Real” sister – and here’s the best part that’s true:
I got a genuine sister.

2 comments :

David Funk said...

Wow Dhemz, this is most impressive, and you know that I'm a fan of poems.

I know I can speak for everyone and say that they'll appreciate this post, your great heart, and talents.

High five for you my friend!

Clarissa said...

Thank you for the friendship,Mommy Dhemz!!You're one of my friends here on line that I truly treasure.^_^