Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome Back!

The war in Iraq is still going on. I don't think that this war will end pretty soon. Just yesterday a female suicide bomber in Baghdad killed 22 people and 33 wounded people. I am very proud to the troops who are in Iraq right now.
Yesterday, our family friends who are sent to Iraq 4 months ago came home. I can't even imagine if Greg will be sent to Iraq for 4 months, that will be my biggest nightmare. I will be devastated all the time. I just hope and pray that he will not going there.
Anyway,It was 2 weeks ago we found out that our friends is coming home. We are so excited and grateful that they are coming home safe. We bought something for them as a token of appreciation. Last Sunday, we were looking for a welcome back balloon all over the place, but we can't find one. It was Greg's idea to get them a plant. So we bought plants for them, and I decorated the pots to look good. But then I was thinking (last minute) that plant (rose) is kind of gayish or something. So we ended up getting 2 bottles of champagne. And I got to keep the plants instead. I thought that was a perfect welcome present for them. So,
we went to the Airport yesterday to see them. Both of their families where there, friends, and some of the Air Force officials. It was good to see them back, and we are very proud of them. It was a job well done!












No comments :